Foundation For Economic Education (FEE)
- http://www.fee.orgFEE is an educational organization offering a comprehensive program for students of liberty, consistently promoting the first principles of freedom: the sanctity of private property, individual liberty, the rule of law, the free market, and the moral superiority of individual choice and responsibility over coercion.
- http://www.freedomfest.com/"FreedomFest is an annual festival described in many ways: The world’s largest gathering of free minds…..The Trade Show for Liberty….An intellectual feast in a fun town…Three glorious days of 'great ideas, great books, and great thinkers.'"
The Heritage Foundation
- http://www.heritage.org/"The Heritage Foundation is a research and educational institute - a think tank - whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."
The Mont Pelerin Society
- http://www.montpelerin.org/ "Its sole objective was to facilitate an exchange of ideas between like-minded scholars in the hope of strengthening the principles and practice of a free society and to study the workings, virtues, and defects of market-oriented economic systems."
The Fraser Institute
- http://www.fraserinstitute.org/"Our vision is a free and prosperous world where individuals benefit from greater choice, competitive markets, and personal responsibility. Our mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government interventions on the welfare of individuals."
Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW)
- http://www.cagw.org/"Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) is a private, non-partisan, non-profit organization representing more than one million members and supporters nationwide. CAGW's mission is to eliminate waste, mismanagement, and inefficiency in the federal government."
The International Society for Individual Liberty (ISIL)
- http://www.isil.org/"The International Society for Individual Liberty is an association of individuals and organizations dedicated to building a free and peaceful world, respect for individual rights and liberties, and an open and competitive economic system based on voluntary exchange and free trade…We provide support (contacts, books, literature) for libertarian activists in America and all around the world."
- http://www.reason.org/"Founded in 1968, Reason advances a free society by developing, applying, and promoting libertarian principles, including individual liberty, free markets, and the rule of law."
- http://www.reason.com/"Reason is the monthly print magazine of “free minds and free markets. It covers politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, commentary, and reviews. Reason provides a refreshing alternative to right-wing and left-wing opinion magazines by making a principled case for liberty and individual choice in all areas of human activity."
The New Coalition for Economic and Social Change
- http://www.newcoalition.org/"The New Coalition for Economic and Social Change is a national nonprofit organization based in Chicago devoted to advancing conservative multiculturalism, a way of looking at the social order that leads to conservative or libertarian conclusions, but that is filtered and changed by experiences both historic and personal that are not shared by others."
American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI)
- http://www.aei.org/"AEI's purposes are to defend the principles and improve the institutions of American freedom and democratic capitalism--limited government, private enterprise, individual liberty and responsibility, vigilant and effective defense and foreign policies, political accountability, and open debate. Its work is addressed to government officials and legislators, teachers and students, business executives, professionals, journalists, and all citizens interested in a serious understanding of government policy, the economy, and important social and political developments."
Institute for Justice (IJ)
- http://www.ij.org/"IJ litigates to secure economic liberty, school choice, private property rights, freedom of speech and other vital individual liberties and to restore constitutional limits on the power of government."
- http://www.castlecoalition.org/"The Castle Coalition is the Institute for Justice’s nationwide grassroots property rights activism project…Through our membership network, we give support to those communities most endangered by the alliance of tax-hungry governments and land-hungry developers."
Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI)
- http://www.cei.org/"...a non-profit public policy organization dedicated to advancing the principles of free enterprise and limited government. We believe that individuals are best helped not by government intervention, but by making their own choices in a free marketplace."
The Progress and Freedom Foundation
- http://www.pff.org/"The Progress & Freedom Foundation is a market-oriented think tank that studies the digital revolution and its implications for public policy. Its mission is to educate policymakers, opinion leaders and the public about issues associated with technological change, based on a philosophy of limited government, free markets and individual sovereignty."
The Commonwealth Foundation
- http://www.commonwealthfoundation.org/"The Commonwealth Foundation is an independent, non-profit research and educational institute that develops and advances public policies based on the nation’s founding principles of limited constitutional government, economic freedom, and personal responsibility for one’s actions."
- http://www.hoover.org/"The principles of individual, economic, and political freedom; private enterprise; and representative government were fundamental to the vision of the Institution's founder. By collecting knowledge, generating ideas, and disseminating both, the Institution seeks to secure and safeguard peace, improve the human condition, and limit government intrusion into the lives of individuals."
State Policy Network (SPN)
- http://www.spn.org/"State Policy Network is committed to preserving and strengthening a free society where all Americans enjoy the blessings of liberty and opportunity. The core principles of a free society include but are not limited to: Political, intellectual, religious and economic liberty, Private property rights, Limited government, Competition, Market prices, Consumer and parental choice, Entrepreneurship, Personal responsibility."
The Heartland Institute
- http://www.heartland.org/"The mission of The Heartland Institute is to discover and promote free-market solutions to social and economic problems. Such solutions include parental choice in education, market-based approaches to environmental protection, privatization of public services, and deregulation in areas where property rights and markets do a better job than government bureaucracies."
- http://www.goldwaterinstitute.org/"Through research, education, and litigation, the Goldwater Institute works to protect the rights that Americans recognize as fundamental. In keeping with the principles advanced by Senator Barry Goldwater, the Goldwater Institute is dedicated to protecting and expanding economic freedom, constitutional liberty and education opportunity."
John Lock Foundation (JLF)
- http://www.johnlocke.org/"The John Locke Foundation employs research, journalism, and outreach programs to transform government through competition, innovation, personal freedom, and personal responsibility. JLF seeks a better balance between the public sector and private institutions of family, faith, community, and enterprise."
The Center for Individual Rights (CIR)
- http://www.cir-usa.org/"The Center for Individual Rights (CIR) is a nonprofit public interest law firm dedicated to the defense of individual liberties against the increasingly aggressive and unchecked authority of federal and state governments. CIR seeks to enforce constitutional limits on state and federal power."
- http://www.discovery.org/"Discovery Institute's mission is to make a positive vision of the future practical. The Institute discovers and promotes ideas in the common sense tradition of representative government, the free market and individual liberty."
Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI)
- http://www.manhattan-institute.org/"For 30 years, the Manhattan Institute has been an important force in shaping American political culture and developing ideas that foster economic choice and individual responsibility. We have supported and publicized research on our era's most challenging public policy issues: taxes, health care, energy, the legal system, policing, crime, homeland security, urban life, education, race, culture, and many others. Our work has won new respect for market-oriented policies and helped make reform a reality."
- http://www.cato.org/"The mission of the Cato Institute is to increase the understanding of public policies based on the principles of limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and peace."
Young America's Foundation
- http://www.yaf.org/"Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values."
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS)
- http://www.theihs.org/"The mission of IHS is to support the achievement of a freer society by discovering and facilitating the development of talented, productive students, scholars, and other intellectuals who share an interest in liberty and who demonstrate the potential to help change the current climate of opinion to one more congenial to the principles and practice of freedom."
- http://www.brettjoshpe.comBrett Joshpe is a successful attorney, writer, and speaker; he often writes and speaks on a wide range of subjects from the economy, to public policy, and his interest in freedom from Congressional folly.
Enter your e-mail address to register for the
Congressional Wealth Destruction Monitor,
an e-Letter reporting on Congressional
deliberation likely to negatively impact
industries and investment wealth.
Should Congress stay on vacation?